October Unprocessed Month!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013



        A year and a half after the decision to switch the way we eat, we have found ourselves not sticking to the path. We have learned a lot and changed a lot of our eating habits. It is a very rare day to find HFCS in our home. But that doesn't mean we don't eat fast food once in a while and slip up.

        While cruzing the wide web this morning, I came upon this website called Eating Rules (http://www.eatingrules.com/).  Every October they do a pledge to not eat processed food. We attempted to do it last year, but you know how life gets. :) But this morning it was like an aha!! moment! It was the answer I have been looking for these past couple months! What a great way to get back into our lifestyle change.

        So as I sit drinking my coffee this morning, I have started to plan my month. One major change I plan on doing is shopping weekly. Only being aloud to spend a certain amount of money each week will help with making the right food choices and portion control. The next thing I have to do is make up menus. Probably my most dreaded thought of the morning. Why? I dont know. It hurts my brain to wrap around the idea that we will have a week of planned meals. I'm very much the kind of cook to start with a base idea and develop my dish as i am cooking it. Oh Joy! :P

        In the same breath, I have been hoping to start updating my Blog more. I have even gone so far as making up blog lists and trying to remember to write down my recipes. But along with this pledge to not eat processed foods this month, I also want to make a pledge to update this blog every week this month on our progress.

        Back to the Unprocessed month. We have a few weaknesses.... So for at least the beginning of the month, we are allowing creamer, sour cream and probably sliced bread. (the bread will be the best 'cleanest' bread we can find.) I'm still working on my menu for this week but i'm hoping to post it later this week before the First!

        So here it goes! Another beginning to the rest of our lifes! :D And I leave you with a pretty interesting picture i came upon.
Tara



0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Wholesome Taste Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino